Applications keep asking me to "Accept Incoming Network Connections"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" Macbook Pro
There are certain applications that when I open them they ask me if I want to accept incoming network connections every time. I have them added in the firewall to allow all connections but they still ask me every time I open them. Is there any way to make them stop asking besides disabling the firewall. This is on a 2010 macbook pro 13". Thanx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

To do what you ask involves changing the firewall settings to allow ALL incoming connections. Go to System Preferences > Security > Firewall > and select Allow all Incoming Connections. Personally think best to block them but that is each individuals choice.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" Macbook Pro
I'm assuming you mean to disable the firewall, correct? If so, I was hoping not to have to do this. I just don't want the same app asking me every time to allow it to accept incoming connections. For example, I use Vuze. Everytime I open it up I get asked if I want to allow Vuze to accept incoming connections. Shouldn't I just be able to click allow the first time I start the app and have it remember that the next time I use it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
Is there a certain app that does this? or all of them?

If it is just one app, Uninstall the app and remove all related plist files. If you don't know where too find the plist files, go to MacUpdate: Download Apple Mac Software & iPhone Software and download an app called "AppTrap". Now reinstall the app, should fix the problem.

If it is many apps, quit any open apps. Then go into System Preferences > Security > Firewall > Advanced and clear the list of apps in there, whether or not they are allowed. Now relaunch the apps, and it will ask you again if you want to accept. Say yes. Then quit the app again and relaunch. On the relaunch, it shouldn't ask you any more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Perhaps Bit Torrent apps are different but go into Firewall and see if it is listed under AFP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.