CD Stuck in IMac Super Drive - Please Help!

Reaction score
So I just bought a used IMac from a girl off of craigslist.com. It came with a CD Stuck in the Drive, but I thought it would be easy to get out; i was wrong. The Imac isn't recognizing the CD, but it is, every minute or so, trying to eject the CD from the drive. Even though its trying, it isn't succeeding.

I've tried restarting holding option, pressing the eject button over and over, and the credit card with double sided tape, but nothing will work!

The double sided credit card trick isn't working because it seems as though its drive has a blocker that moves in the way of the opening of the drive when there is a CD in the drive so that you can't force anything else in while its occupied.

Its an 24 inch Aluminum Imac with a super drive (i'm pretty sure at least).

CAN ANYONE HELP ME!! I just want to reinstall the OS again from scratch! PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!!
Kevin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OP
W
Reaction score
:(

I have never taken an Imac apart, but i know how. Dang, I was hoping that there was a different way!

Is there anyway to get around the blocker for the CD drive when there is a cd in the drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sorry mate I am a tower man and much prefer tray drives. Take it to your local Mac reseller or Genius bar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.