• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Karate Kid Remake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Just got back from watching the Karate Kid Remake, and I have to say it was pretty good... I am a bige fan of the original and this one did it justice, 30 million dollars, special effects and Wil Smith baking a movie is a good combo LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
my 6yr old wants to go see it, likely tonite... we'll see (not a big fan or modern day remakes..)

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Im a sucker for Underdog comeback movies... I dont think this is a remake it really has a totally different story, but same formula

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
THis looks really interesting. As I thought Will's kid did a really good job in Pursuit of Happyness. And I also like am a big fan of Jackie Chan. And I liked the original too. Pat Morita was really good as the old wise teacher. The kid in the original was not so good in my opinion though.

So I think I'll go out and watch it. And that is something cause I watch of average 1-2 movies at the cinema each year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
THis looks really interesting. As I thought Will's kid did a really good job in Pursuit of Happyness. And I also like am a big fan of Jackie Chan. And I liked the original too. Pat Morita was really good as the old wise teacher. The kid in the original was not so good in my opinion though.

I agree!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have been waiting for the new Karate Kid movie for a while. Glad it's finally out.

Thanks MacJuicy for the heads up. I need to go see it ASAP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
i was pleasantly surprised by it.... well done.

Reaction score
Cant wait to see this movie. Ive heard great things about it and love that its not really a remake.
Our entire family are karate kid fans, right down to my 4yr old lol.
Its out in Aussie next month so still hanging out to see it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Well I wasn't sure about this at all (btw, I hated Macchio in the original too, I just wanted to see him get battered!), but now that it's got good responses I may make the effort when it arrives in the UK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't think I would care to see the remake even if it is good. I saw the original when I was young and that will always be the real Karate Kid. I see it now and it looks totally hokey, but I still have the childhood memory of it being the best thing ever.

Speaking of Ralph Macchio, this is a pretty funny video.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.