Need confirmation of SL install procedure

Reaction score
I tried to install Snow Leopard on my Mini but ran into a problem: The HD, which is my current Leopard boot drive, is not partitioned as GUID, so the install cannot proceed.

Last night, I cloned the internal drive to an external FW drive using CCC. The clone is good and the partition is GUID.

I am pretty confident that the following procedure will work, but I would appreciate confirmation from anyone who wants to comment:
  1. Boot from the external clone drive
  2. Install SL on the clone drive
  3. Use Disk Utility to partition the internal drive as GUID
  4. Use CCC to copy the clone drive to the internal HD.

Thanks,

Jeff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Even easier would be.

Use the external to do a Time Machine back-up.

Boot from the install DVD and go to the top menu, choose Disk Utility and reformat the Mini's drive to GUID.

Then proceed to the Snow Leopard install.

When you fire up SL, you will be asked what you want to do next, so just select the Time Machine back-up you did to the external to restore your system

OP
J
Reaction score
thanks

Even easier would be.

Use the external to do a Time Machine back-up.

Boot from the install DVD and go to the top menu, choose Disk Utility and reformat the Mini's drive to GUID.

Then proceed to the Snow Leopard install.

When you fire up SL, you will be asked what you want to do next, so just select the Time Machine back-up you did to the external to restore your system

Thanks. I'll do it that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.