• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Likelihood of a 4 Generation iPod Touch coming up???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Haven't heard any buzz about the iPod Touch getting a refresh/update. There hasn't been anything said this week at WWDC, has there? I want to get one for my wife for our anniversary but I'd be upset if a newer one came out shortly thereafter. :Grimmace:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you can, hold off for awhile. With the debut of iPhone 4 taking up all the space and news, it may be a few months or so before we see an update to the Touch or whatever replaces the Touch.

I'm also waiting, but for an iMac update - which I expect will happen within several months.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Haven't heard any buzz about the iPod Touch getting a refresh/update. There hasn't been anything said this week at WWDC, has there? I want to get one for my wife for our anniversary but I'd be upset if a newer one came out shortly thereafter. :Grimmace:

Nothing reported at the WWDC or otherwise, but if anything it would likely be in the September or October time frame. That is when the have released them in the past, so if they do something it may hold true. I know a lot of folks would love to see a camera on the touch, and if they did an update I would sure hope they would add that. Not much more you could do to it unless they make it look like the new iPhone which would be really cool IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
New iPods are released every year in the Fall. So expect an updated iPod touch around September

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Haven't heard any buzz about the iPod Touch getting a refresh/update. There hasn't been anything said this week at WWDC, has there?
Haven't you been keeping up on the news? Apparently if it's not mentioned at Apple's WWDC keynote then Apple will officially discontinue it even though they didn't know anything about the discontinuation. ;D

As mentioned by others, Apple usually releases new iPods in the Fall around September. They have the free iPod offer for college students now to clear out inventory making room for new iPods.

OP
MYmacROX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Oh well, I couldn't wait. ;D
Got her the 32 GB iPod touch with the promise of an upgrade whenever the next gen comes out. Probably will sell this one to afford the next one. It was worth it to see her so surprised and happy! :D

121d4818.jpg

6df97fed.jpg
D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Touch 3G 3.1.3
I'm glad you got it for her.

With all the iPhone 4 hype, I wouldn't expect a new touch for a while. Usually they are released around fall, but I am expecting an even later release. Apple's got enough on their hands right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
VERY VERY HIGH. In the WWDC 2010 keynote, Steve said that Apple expects to ship 10 million face time capable devices this year. If that doesn't scream, "NEW iPOD TOUCHES BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS!" I don't know what does! I mean, 10 million iphone 4s? I don't think so. And the iPad isn't going to be revised any time this year. So that leaves the touches. Very cool. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
I think it's a very high chance that there will be new iTouches this fall. The 8 GB iTouch hasn't been updated in 2 years now, only the 32 and 64 GB ones were updated last year.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.