MBP Speakers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting a Macbook Pro i7 in June. I also own an iPhone 3GS.
I'm buying a MBP 15" today and I'd like to buy a pair of stereo speakers for it. When setting this up at my desk, I will have my Mackie powered monitors. But if I'm out of town or something and I want to play a game, I'd like to hook up some small speakers. I'm wanting to spend $100 max or less if possible. I'd like them to sound as good as possible given the price. Oh and if possible, it would be great if I could purchase them at an Apple store, but if I have to buy them online to get the best deal for the money... I will.

Suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Are you planning on playing a game in OSX or in Windows via bootcamp?

If windows, you may want to look at something like a logitech G35 which if you shop around you can get for right around $100, or a Razor gaming headest.

OP
HonestIllusion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Probably gaming on both OSX and Windows... but the more I can do in OSX the better. Meaning if a game is available for both, I'd rather use OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Yeah, I don't blame you. There are only a few games I still play on the windows side, but I'm trying to wean myself off of them (only kinda successful really).

Myself, I'm still a fan of having a headset so not everyone in the general area can hear / is annoyed by what I'm doing :)

OP
HonestIllusion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I think I saw those on the Apple.com store. Do you think they sell them in the store?

Well, I know for a fact that Apple Authorized dealers sell them, but you'd be well advised to stay away from them OR from Apple when making such a purchase, as the price of said item will likely be significantly more. A quick search at Apple's online store reveals: Harman Kardon SoundSticks II - Apple Store (U.S.)

So if you're desperate to get them from Apple, there ya go.

Doug

Reaction score
Get a pair of M-Audio AV 40, you will not be disappointment in the sound quality. If you look hard enough you could get them for a little over your budget.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.