Cant Find volume When Installing Os (HELP)

Reaction score
Hi i am having a problem im trying to install os on my Ibook the other day i did get to click on a volume....
but i noticed that when it was time to install disc 3 it was missing ..so i turned it off and after i managed to get cd 3
i was finding the volume anymore i have burned cds that are in dmg file to try and fix my ibook but for some reason the ibook wont read them when i go to disk utilities i do see a volume

but im not able to do anything to it because it is grayed out im going crazy about this someone please help me out with this..
im not very familiar with Macs so i need ure Help ... Is there anything that i can reset to get this working again and there is a flashing question mark when i turn on the ibook so i guess there is no os installed and thats what im trying to do but dont see my hard drive i was trying to install tigger os 10.4 ...

but when i go to disk utilities I only see 737.2 mb matshita cd -rw and before i did see the 27gb hard drive but now thats what it shows .. Im trying to use a flash drive with programs to try and fix this but i dont know how to get the mac to open those

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post is difficult to read since you have no punctuation or ending of sentences. But let's see if we can help:

Try to boot the iBook with your install CD (hold down C key as soon as hear the chime). Once it boots, go to Disk Utility (you don't say what version of OS X). Does Disk Utility see your hard drive?

Post back and try to format the message so that it can be easily read by everyone. You'll receive more help that way.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.