Cannot Charge Battery - Not Charger, Not battery

Reaction score
Hi all,
I thought my charger was broken because it got wet (which is possible). However, the problem is now, I'm visiting my sister and tested her charger in my computer. It did nothing (didn't charge at all). I proceeded to try her battery in my computer and my battery in hers. Her battery in my computer worked great (I'm using it to type this) but still, wouldn't charge. My battery in her computer also worked fine, and it charges. So, essentially, it's not my charger or battery.. what gives (this is going to be expensive, isn't it?)
ben

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The charger got wet. How about your computer, did it also get wet?

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
What model is it? I know some models have a history of the charging functionality breaking on it requiring hardware repair (some of the Black Macbooks come to mind); it's possible your logic board portion that handles charging the battery has gone bad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook :: Unibody:250Gb HD:4Gb RAM | iPhone 3G :: 8Gb :: Jailbroken
I had the same problem a few months back with mine. I called apple's tech support and ended up sending it back to them. When I got it back, they said they had replaced the logic board. Luckily mine was under warranty, but if your's isn't... then yes. It will probably be expensive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.