Bootcamp issues

Reaction score
So, I let a friend of mine (who is a computer major) partition and install windows 7 on my MBP via bootcamp.
Well, now I'm on windows and the sound wont work and it's REALLY slow, so I wanted to get back on my mac side of things, but I have no idea how to get back to the mac OSX partition or how to uninstall or log off or whatever on this thing.
I just got my laptop fixed, so I'm not sure if the repair (or not so great repair) is causing this problem or a problem install winows with bootcamp or what is going on but if someone could give me instructions on how to get windows off of my mac and get me back to the OS I LOVE than please, please let me know. I have no idea how to fix this.
Cheers,
CJ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
For getting sound, you need to install the drivers for your system. The drivers are a collection that's in the bootcamp install file that is on the OSX install DVD that came with your computer. While in Win7, insert the OSX DVD and run the Bootcamp setup. You may need to perform an update after installing to make sure you have the latest drivers.

Now, getting back to OSX is fairly easy - there are a few ways to do it:

1) if bootcamp is installed you can open its settings from the icon by the clock and tell the system to boot into OSX.

2) When you first turn the computer on, just as you see the gray screen (or even before) press and hold the alt/option key. After a few seconds, you'll see a mouse pointer and eventually you'll see your bootable partitions and you should see OSX and Windows. Just select the OSX partition and it will then boot into OSX.

Here's a step by step on how to remove the bootcamp partition from your computer once you're in OSX:

How to delete a Boot Camp partition – Simple Help

OP
B
Reaction score
No where to install??

So, I'm just going to hope my MBP isn't gone for good.
Here's the scoop- sometime last month I got my MBP back from a repair. A computer engineering friend of mine asked to borrow my laptop so he could install bootcamp on it for me. I thought nothing of it, so I let him borrow it for the night.
I have no idea what he did to it, and neither does he (or so he says) because he got really drunk.
I think he pretty much just deleted both partitions, so I have literally no idea what to do. You can't reinstall windows because the partition isn't formatted correctly (I think, I'm not the best with computers) and I just found my Snow Leopard install, but when I go through the installation, and it comes to what disk to use, there isn't anything listed. So, I can't put it anywhere.
I don't know what's going on, but hopefully someone here does.
Cheers,
CJ

Reaction score
So, I'm just going to hope my MBP isn't gone for good.
Here's the scoop- sometime last month I got my MBP back from a repair. A computer engineering friend of mine asked to borrow my laptop so he could install bootcamp on it for me. I thought nothing of it, so I let him borrow it for the night.
I have no idea what he did to it, and neither does he (or so he says) because he got really drunk.
I think he pretty much just deleted both partitions, so I have literally no idea what to do. You can't reinstall windows because the partition isn't formatted correctly (I think, I'm not the best with computers) and I just found my Snow Leopard install, but when I go through the installation, and it comes to what disk to use, there isn't anything listed. So, I can't put it anywhere.
I don't know what's going on, but hopefully someone here does.
Cheers,
CJ

He Deleted the partition Table. No Big Deal you just need to make Another one. On the Mac OS X Install Disc. Go to Utilities then Disc Utility

On there select the hard drive icon then on the right side select the partition Tab. Select 1 Partition. Call it "Macintosh HD" Make Sure the Format is Mac OS X Extended (Journaled), Then Click on Options. Make sure GUID Partition Table is selected. Then hit OK and OK again. Then Quit Disc Utility and Reinstall Mac OS X. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Merged your threads, please don't start multiple posts on the same subject.

My advice, is the "friend" needs to stay away from your computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.