Problem with my NetGear Router...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
When I first got my PB this afternoon, I was able to quickly connect to my wireless network. Of course it was only with 2 bars, because the router was on the ground. when i put my pb close to it, i was able to get a full signal. that worked fine for awhile, then i had to head off to work. when i came back home, no matter how close or how i positioned the router or pb, i was only able to get about half a signal at best. Currently I am hardwired into the router, and not able to receive a wireless signal at all. Anyone have any suggestions how to fix this?

As you can see from this post and my ipod post, the switch hasn't been all that smooth :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
Get another router. Netgear stuff is dreadful. I ripped all mine out and put Linksys stuff in instead.

I had a similar problem with my Netgear router before I went Linksys, and it turned out to be the power supply.

You could try using a different channel, just in case there's interference.

OP
TomyDingo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
i'll try different channels, i hadn't thought of that, thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.