Apple Photobooks - Costs?

Reaction score
Hi there, I am going to be switching to Aperture 3 in the near future as I have a part time photography business. I am very interested in the photobook plugins that Aperture offers from the 4 different photo book companies. My question is this: how are the prices when using these companies? I cannot seem to access any price lists until I actually download the plugins. I see the prices for the Apple books but not the other companies. I am looking for a basic price on a basic 8 x 10 hardcover for example. Are these companies much more than the books offered through Apple itself?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
If you started a part-time photography business, I wouldn't use Apple to create photobooks or albums. I have a business as well, and I use MpixPro, which gives a whole lot more options that Apple would i'm sure. Yes, it does require more time to setup and it is more manual, but they offer so many options.

Reaction score
Aperture photo books - cost and review

I don't know the exact pricing for those high-end companies, but you're probably looking at at least $300 to $400 for a basic book. That's in sharp contrast to the Apple 11x8.5 book starting at $29.99 for a 20 page book. The Apple Aperture books are nice and are of good quality, but not what would typically be considered professional quality. I recently wrote a review of Aperture 3 photo books on my blog. Although there has been a lot of info out there about the program itself, there wasn't much out there regarding Apple's print quality. If you're interested: http://www.photobookgirl.com/blog/photobookgirl-goes-underwater-my-apple-aperture-photo-book-review/

4761413962_8237cc3463.jpg

I also have a photo book wizard tool that will help with price comparisons - these are for photo book companies that work with consumers though, so they may not be what you're looking for: http://www.photobookgirl.com/wizard/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.