iPad mail attachments vs same email on work PC transport differently

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 inch
To get PDF files into the iPad i scan them on my work copier/printer/scanner machine and email them to myself. Sometimes the scanned document comes as an attachment and i can open it with no problem as a PDF and use "GoodReader" to view it also and file it. Sometimes (more so if the scan is one page) when i open the email with the scan on the iPad, the PDF looks like it is part of the email and there is no attachment, but i can still read the PDF. The problem is that if it is opened this way, i cannot open it using GoodReader

If i open the same email on my PC (this is a work event) the same scan appears as an attachment.

Question: why would it be an attachment on the email opened via a PC, and part of the email on the iPad? Its only one email, i am just accessing it from different machines? How do i fix this? i can find no setting in the iPad to receive it as an attachment. I want to store it in GoodReader and can't.

thx for any help.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 inch
After finding 2 references to this problem, one on

iPad PDF Problem. Some PDFs can't be forwarded, saved, etc. - Mac Forums

and one on

iPad Stanza mail attachment bug - MobileRead Forums

i knew i wasn't alone. I never loaded Stanza so that wasn't it for me, so i made and appt with the Apple Genius group. They never saw it before either and suggested I re-image the iPad and said the printouts of the above discussion, means nothing since they attract the FEW with the problem and make is seem like it really is a problem. Anyway, I re-immaged this morning, didn't load and Apps back, but checked the email and the same think happened. the PDF opened in the email and did not show as an attachment. This only seems to happen on one page PDF's I give up. :Lips-Are-Sealed:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.