Returned my IPAD

Reaction score
Ordered the IPAD when the Apple Canada website said that the customer could 'add' Rogers Wireless data to existing plan. $10 per month.

The next day (after I ordered), Apple stated 'oops', Rogers did not make that offer.

Having purchased on that basis, did not feel they should be able to change the data plan mid-stream.

Lots of you folks in US might feel the same way, with data now limited (I know, I know - you'll never reach the limit, etc.). However, many people made good faith purchases and all of a sudden, the landscape has changed.

May look into the Wi-fi version.

(caught the story about AT & T leaking data, and feel that I made the right choice in returning the product. Forget about costs, etc. - I'm getting the feeling that wireless providers just weren't ready for this)

AT&T Web site exposes data of 114,000 iPad users | InSecurity Complex - CNET News

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Um, for people in the US, who signed the contract with unlimited data, their plan still revolves around unlimited data It's only the new people, who sign a new contract, that the new data plan starts with the new rate. I will still have unlimited for years to come if I stay with at&t, end-to-end. You got screwed in Canada, probably because of Rogers.

Reaction score
I ordered a 3G one and will return the Wifi only that I have now even tho the data plans changed. Too bad to hear it's not gonna work out for you!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
May be a little off topic . . . but I am seriously considering downgrading from the iPhone to a regular cellphone now that I have my iPad 3G.

Anyone else thinking this way?

OP
C
Reaction score
May be a little off topic . . . but I am seriously considering downgrading from the iPhone to a regular cellphone now that I have my iPad 3G.

Not off topic at all.

You probably need one or the other.

That's why the original data bundle idea made sense.

To pay for both Iphone and Ipad (especially up here in Canada) is insane.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I've found that I use my iPad far more than my iPhone. However, I don't bring my iPad with me everywhere, so I still need access to a device on which I can look up something while on the go, and so I still need a smartphone. Plus, you can't beat the portability of an iPhone.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And it is the best phone (as a phone) that I've had. Still . . . ..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2019, apple watch 5, iphone 11 pro max, ipad pro 12.9 inch 2nd gen. air pods, numerous
i did think of getting an 'ordinary' phone, seeing i only use it for phone calls and texting now....but i found i'm far too attached to it to get rid of it :)
i'm using a travel router for mbp, iphone, and ipad so may not need to pay for 3g on my ipad, although i've found 3g downloads are much quicker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I need my phone for both personal and work so thats why I opted for the wi-fi only iPad
if data plans had been more reasonable would have done both.

Reaction score
I've found that I use my iPad far more than my iPhone. However, I don't bring my iPad with me everywhere, so I still need access to a device on which I can look up something while on the go, and so I still need a smartphone. Plus, you can't beat the portability of an iPhone.

I second that.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't argue with any of that, but I'm currently paying $120/month for data plans. 2 iPhones and 2 iPads, and wondering if I would be better off cutting back. :Smirk:

But, I do have to agree, I really like my iPhone. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.