Buying an iPhone and selling it on eBay...

Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought an iPhone from At&t with the subsidized deal then sold it on eBay? If so, did you make a nice profit? Would I be able to cancel the iPhone data package with At&t? Who would want to buy an iPhone on eBay for some of the astronomical prices they are selling for? Sorry, a lotta questions. Thanks guys.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you buy a subsidized phone..it's going to be locked..virtually noone buys a locked phone from eBay..it needs to be unlocked..AT&T will not allow you to cancel the data plan for the iPhone..just wont' happen..you can reduce it to the cheapest plan now..

I bought my 3G on eBay just after the 3GS was released for a decent price..I did it because I didn't want to get back into a 2 year contract with AT&T..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
If you buy a subsidized phone..it's going to be locked..virtually noone buys a locked phone from eBay..it needs to be unlocked..AT&T will not allow you to cancel the data plan for the iPhone..just wont' happen..you can reduce it to the cheapest plan now..

I bought my 3G on eBay just after the 3GS was released for a decent price..I did it because I didn't want to get back into a 2 year contract with AT&T..

Regards

Agreed locked iPhones are worth significantly less.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.