Monitor problems

Reaction score
So, I've connected a ViewSonic monitor to my 13" Pro, but I'm having problems. Instead of just showing my exact desktop, only bigger, the monitor acts as an extension of my desktop. I know some people might prefer this, but I'd just like it to replace my macbook's screen. Is there a way to fix this?

Reaction score
Go in to system preferences - Displays select the arrangement tab. In the bottom left corner there is a box that says: "Mirror Displays"

Check that, and you should have two identical screens.

OP
W
Reaction score
Well ****. So I've got that figured out, but now I have another problems. When I make certain things full screen, the top half gets cut off. Instead of just stopping at the top of the screen, it shoots out into non-existence....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure you reset the Viewsonic to its native resolution. You can find out what that is from your Viewsonic manual. Then go to the display preferences and use the correct resolution. The reason the raster is cut off is because you're not using the correct resolution for the monitor.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.