iMAC Snow Leopard

NSC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air; OS MacBig Sur 11.6.
Hi
I am new to Mac and need your help.My desktop Mac is connected to modem via Linksys wireless router but it often gets disconected and starts searching for my network whenever it awakes from sleep mode.Is there any setting which can be changed to avoid this search!

OP
NSC

NSC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is this OK!

Thanks to Google search,I found this.Is it OK to try this!
Delete specific .plist files [Useful for: System will not automatically reconnect to network after sleep, slow wireless throughput, cannot connect to router]

Try deleting the following files from the ~/Library/Preferences/ directory (this is the Library directory within your User folder):

•com.apple.internetconfig.plist
•com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist
•com.apple.internetconnect.plist
In addition, delete any other files that have are named as such: com.apple.internetconfig[...]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Yeah, it's ok. Rather than deleting, I prefer moving them to the Desktop. Once the new ones are created, if all is well, then I delete the old ones. A Restart might be needed to get to that point.

OP
NSC

NSC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks
Will try then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.