Crouching Tiger, Hiding The Gem

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
In the past, I remember Phil Schiller demoing an app called Fun House, which is an image editing application. If I understand correctly, it comes with Tiger for free. However, you must install the developer kit yourself in order to use it. I've installed the developer kit, yet I still cannot find the app. I have installed a few additional extras in hopes of getting the app installed, but still, I am not seeing it, where it is suppose to appear. I'm sure that the app is suppose to show up in HD/ Developer/ Applications/ Graphics Tools/.

I'm using this website for direction, but it still isn't doing the trick to help me find this app:
http://futurosity.com/?id=64

At this point, I have installed the following packages off of the install disc without any avail for getting Fun House app installed:

Developer.mpkg
Apr2004XcodeToolsExtras.pkg
DeveloperTools.pkg

Can anybody give me any direction?

K

Kokopelli

I can not say what gave me it precisely but I have what you want I think. I did a stock install of Tiger and did the install of the developer tools. If I <Ctrl>click on an image and do an open with I have an option called Core Image Fun House.

If you can give me an idea what to look for to help you on your quest I would be happy to assist.

Picture 1.png

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*iWhat slaps forehead* It's just one of those days, Kokopelli. I popped in the Panther install disc and not Tiger install disc. Argh! But, thanks a bunch, because your reply made me go into a much needed deep thought, and that was when I got my much needed revelation that I, in fact, messed up.

*claps with joy*

So have you tried Fun House out yet, Kokopelli?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I could be wrong but I think Fun House requires a graphics card that supports Core Image to work. I know on my iMac there are a few things that really lock up the system in the program. There really isn't that much special about it but its a cool little extra

K

Kokopelli

iWhat said:
So have you tried Fun House out yet, Kokopelli?

I have fiddled with it a bit. It is an interesting demo on the effects of Core Image but that is about it. I am not really a graphics guy though. I guess it was fun in the "let's waste 30 minutes of our lives" kind of way.

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I just thought, if it's there for my using, then I'll take what I can get. It seemed pretty interesting, when Phil Schiller demoed it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.