Canon EOS Digital Software Problem.

Reaction score
I have just finished installing the software for my Canon EOS 10D on my iMac27 (Canon EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk v5.0), but when I plugged in the USB cable from my Camera to import the images, iPhoto opened instead of the Canon program for importing the RAW images.

I want to convert the imported RAW images to TIFF, but the Canon File Viewer Utility can not find the images which can be viewed with iPhoto.

This software works perfectly on my Windows Vista Laptop. What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
Not sure what is going on there, but an easy workaround is to get a card reader. Then you can see your photos like they are on any external drive, and do whatever you want with them.

It's faster than hooking up the camera too.

Reaction score
Easy Fix

Go to the general preferences window in iPhoto and change the "Connecting Camera Opens:" option to the Canon Viewing Utility you're using.

This will prevent iPhoto from automatically launching and storing the files in its own filing structure.

Of course doing this means if you choose to use iPhoto to catalogue your shots you'll need to manually import them once you've finished using the Canon utility.

Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.