Question about restoring and firmware

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting a Macbook Pro i7 in June. I also own an iPhone 3GS.
1. I sold my computer last week and saved my iPhone files. A few days ago, I simply backed up my iPhone on my wife's laptop and then got it replaced at the Apple store. I got back and restored from backup, but my apps are gone. Does this mean I have lost all of my saved games? Is there any way to get them back? Do I need to sign onto my iTunes account on my wife's computer and download the games and then restore again, and the saved games will be back?

2. I'm wanting to sell my 3GS in two weeks, but it has the 1.3 firmware. Is there any way I can revert it back to 1.2 so that it can be unlockable and it will have a better chance at being sold?

Thanks.

OP
HonestIllusion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Aluminum unibody MBP, Intel core duo 2.4GHz proc, 4MB DDR3 RAM,
When you say you saved your iPhone files, do you mean the Application files stored under iTunes?

OP
HonestIllusion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When you say you saved your iPhone files, do you mean the Application files stored under iTunes?

I would have to look... but I think so. The folder that has the backup folder and other sync folders... but also some folders in another location of the computer as well. I haven't uploaded these saved folders to my wife's computer though. I just hooked up the phone and backed it up and then restored it with the new phone and my apps and songs are gone. The songs make sense because they aren't on my wife's computer, so I guess the apps make sense as well. I'm guessing that I need to sign in to my iTunes account on her computer and download all the games to my new 3GS and then restore again and my saved games will be there?

Also, I'm guessing I can't completely revert back to 3.1.2. I was hoping to make my phone unlockable. Oh well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
2. I'm wanting to sell my 3GS in two weeks, but it has the 1.3 firmware. Is there any way I can revert it back to 1.2 so that it can be unlockable and it will have a better chance at being sold?

Thanks.

No, even if you could it's not the 3.1.2 you need it's the modem firmware that you can't downgrade and that is what you need to unlock. The unlock is coming in late june.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.