Wake up from Sleep mode: Connected Server Issue

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a new mac user.

I am connecting to a windows share folder using "Connect Server". Everything works fine until i put my mac to sleep mode then turn it back on again, nothing would show up in the Connected Server, it'll just keep loading and waiting.

just wondering if there is a way to solve this problem or other way to connect to a windows share folder.

thanks a lot

Reaction score
Possible solution

I was having the same problem (could not reconnect to my network server after sleep) but think I have found a solution. So far I have put my Macbook to sleep about 6 times and I can still reconnect to my network servers.
I found the solution here: MacBook loses Airport connection after sleep - Mac Forums

Here it is:

1. Open network preferences from your WiFi icon in the menu bar. Then click advanced. Delete the network that is giving you problems.

2. Open Keychain in the utilities folder of your hard drive. Find the passwords that are stored for your particular network and delete them. There may be multiple passwords for your network, so search carefully.

3. Repair permissions using the disk utility.

4. Reboot the computer.

5. Reenter your network data to log into the network.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.