Top Bar Icon Help

Reaction score
I downloaded iStats, which gave all machine readings like temp, cpu usage, etc. It was free when I got it and then they decided to charge. So right now all I have are 5 boxes with explanation marks inside them. I have deleted the application and they are still there. How do I get rid of them????

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You probably have not removed everything. The program (iStat menus) consists of numerous files which are listed under its resources folder.

Since the program does not come with an uninstaller, try doing a Spotlight search for the files and folders and then drag them to the trash.

Most of the files are located here: /Applications/iStat Menus.app/Contents/Resources/

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
The iStat Menus program does come with an uninstaller. Although it could be that the uninstall option was just recently added, so your version might not have the option.

You should be able click on the exclamation marks and by choosing the uninstall option get rid of the leftover program files.
content

If that doesn't work, try redownloading the most current version on iStat menus, installing it and uninstalling from there.
content

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The uninstaller option was just recently included in the new pay version. (iStat menus 3) He was I believe referring to an older version, however, your advice is good. Installing the newer version and using the uninstall should remove all the remnants of it.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.