Imac Fans

Reaction score
I recently downloaded a program witch you can use to adjust your fan speeds and it works but is it ok if i can hear the fans working? i don't want to overwork the fans and do something bad to my computer.

(its been overheating from playing sims3 just from playing 10 mins it may over heat.)

Reaction score
really i would remove that application. your computer control the fan speeds according to the temp. if your really use your computer and you forget to ramp up your fan speeds then you can cause damage. i would let the computer handle it.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The iMac is going to monitor the temperature and should ramp up the fans to keep things cool..what kinds of temps are you seeing with playing Sims3? If this application is setting the fans to constantly spin at one velocity and not ramp up and down, you might be shortening the fan life and unlike regular cases, replacing components inside the iMac isn't a couple of seconds..

Regards

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys, i removed the app and turned down the graphics on the sims, and ever since its been running smooth and not heating up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.