Is anybody else concerned about iAds??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
I just hope there's a way to tell if the app includes iAds or not before purchasing. Like Jobs said, this is also helpful for people with "low cost" apps. But that's a subjective idea since most apps, even those without ads, are $1 anyway. I'm like most people and don't want to see any ads even if I'm only paying a buck, so I will want to know before buying it if I'm going to have to deal with ads.

You can't see if a cheap app has ads now so I doupt you will be able to after. And why would you? THIS IS JUST THE SAME AS ANY OTHER AD SYSTEM!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I know that, and I know it's a pip-dream, but I just hope there is a way to know. No reason to get all upset about it.

Actually since they show screenshots of their program, you technically should be able to tell. If they show a nice, clean screen in a screenshot, but clutter it up with ads once you buy it, that to me is akin to false advertising.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB
I am very serious about getting a new iPhone, but I don't like the idea of having my phone hijacked by Apple endorsed advertisers. I'm getting my phone to communicate with those whom I deem appropriate, not the companies who pay Apple for my details.

Am I overreacting or can someone allay my fears? I really don't want ads to be popping up on my phone all the time

Its not like theres gonna be pop up ads on your phone (that would be something Google would do). They are done in a very tasteful sorta way. They don't hijack you out of your app like the adMob ads do currently but they let you stay in the app that you are using and they provide a interactive ad which I think could be kinda cool. Not saying that I like ads in anyway but since apple is doing it I think that it wont be done in a bad way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.