Internet Connection Sharing - Two Wireless?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
Hi folks, is it possible to share an internet connection completely wirelessly if I got a USB 802.11 adapter?
It looks like I can share from ethernet to Airport, but my problem is I don't have a ethernet connection - it is completely wireless.

The reason I'm asking is at my parents shore condo the building is wired for wi-fi but only one of us can be on it at a tie. We're given an account, the first time you log in, you are redirected to a login webpage you enter your account/password and from there you have full access.

Reaction score
If you have a local area network (two or more computers connected in a network) with one computer connected to the Internet it may be useful to make the connection accessible to the other computers on the network by installing a software program, that is, that will give the network's computers access by proxy, by redirecting data packets.
I dont know much about that, but i think you look the connection which is may be already configured on the PC equipped with Internet access. For example: Your computer (PC no.1) will play the role of server (proxy) whereas the other network computers (PC no. 2, 3 and 4, etc.).
If the IP address is 192.168.0.1 for PC no. 1 and the others will respectively take the IP addresses 192.168.0.2, 192.168.0.3, 192.168.0.4, etc. So, then you can connect your PC in a network.

Hope this Helps!

OP
TechieJustin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
Heh, not really. :)

But I figured out a solution the Linksys WTR54GS I just ordered one off ebay. It should allow me to share a wireless internet connection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.