Can someone who entered code on my MacBook access it remotely?

Reaction score
hi, I am pretty new to mac and I have a big problem: Someone I cannot trust had access to my MacBook and I saw him entering code in whatever is the mac equivalent to dos, I guess. He said he needed to see my IP address so I could get on their network, because I can only get on if he adds my computer. It seems fishy to me but either way, the guy is way good with computers, but I have good reasons to mistrust him. I obviously have my Firewall on and opted out of all file sharing. I also installed Little Snitch, but there are some files I am not sure whether they should be there, especially "Mount_nfs". Should that file have access? Would a system restore set eliminate a change? Would just cleaning the whole computer and starting over solve the problem?
I'd be really thankful if someone could tell me what I can do?

Thanks

Reaction score
Why would you allow someone you do not trust access to your computer?

It is possible he was getting your network card's hardware address (Mac Address) to allow access to the network. I almost always use this on wireless networks with other security measures.

he would have written down a number that looks about like 0d:3a:93:7a:d7:5c

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Change your password.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
This explains what a 'mount-nfs' file can do.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/30868

Go into your network settings and change the password as suggested, using something strong with say eight digits and a mixture of letters and numbers selected at random. Also check out if anything has been installed as suggested in Startup Items.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.