Best Remixing/DJ software?

Reaction score
HELLO!

I'm wondering which program is the most user friendly, yet extensive remixing software for mac.

No freeware suggestions please! :)

Reaction score
I use virtual DJ. I like it, I know some ppl that even use Itunes DJ. Just depending on what/how much of it that you are trying 2 do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Ableton Live is excellent for remixing. It automatically matches BPMs of Accapellas and instrumentals to make remixes. Though I haven't tried it but there are plenty of people that use Live for DJing also since the BPM's get matched up flawlessly between songs. I mainly use Traktor Pro which does more than enough for my DJing gigs.

Reaction score
Mate i am back in the UK and i will be going into my mates studio at some point in the next few weeks. Got a U2 tune to remix. I have been out the remixing game for over 10 years so i'm looking forwards to see how everything has advanced.

I know the lads all use MAC laptops and computers so i'll let you know who i get on.

Reaction score
Vdj:

Virtual DJ is a great program, the LE version even comes with some hardware controllers like the Hercules RMX and some Numark products.

Reaction score
serato scratch live is the only system to use..

Yeah maybe if u are running the cdj's but virtual dj can control them 2. I had a gig the other night where I used my virtual dj and the main dj was using serato. It wasn't a difference except I know that he is better than me but he has also been doing it a **** of a lot longer than I.

OP
D
Reaction score
Dude! Theres a picture of you with a Dell in that Myspace page! Not cool ;D

Also, keep in mind fellow users that I am not going to be DJ'ing live or anything, I would just like to create neat remixes! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I would have to say Virtual DJ, I have used it in the past, and you can do alot with it. Now if you really get into it and get turntables, Seratto is the way to go. My friend uses Seratto with his system, and it's pretty amazing what he can do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.