mp3 network drive setup

S

sp44

I have a 250GB drive on my PC full of mp3's. I want to access them via my mini mac using iTunes. What's the best way to go about it? Thanks

OP
D

dackerman

sp44 said:
I have a 250GB drive on my PC full of mp3's. I want to access them via my mini mac using iTunes. What's the best way to go about it? Thanks

Mount the drive via "Network" in OS X. The folder has to be shared.

OP
N

no0neelse

dackerman said:
Mount the drive via "Network" in OS X. The folder has to be shared.
I have a similar setup.

Is there a way to add the mp3s into the itunes library without copying them over to the mac's HD? I simply just want the songs to appear in the library so I can stream them from the networked drive.

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

ok open up itunes then go to the itunes prefs. and then the sharing tab and then click share my music ( this is on the PC or the computer that has teh music on it ) get on the many and then go to itunes and go into prefs. and then shaing ab and make sure it is looking for shred networks... then go to the main itunes window and then look in the left colum the name of you sharing computer shold be there click on it and listen away..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.