AntiGlare / Reflection screen help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" I7 Mac book pre & IPhone 3G
Hi, I recently purchased a macbookpro without the antiglare screen and now the reflection on the screen is so disturbing that I cannot work outside. So, I cannot change my computer now and I was searching for a good screen.

Any Suggestions??

Thank you!

Reaction score
you would have to replace the glass in your computer. you might be able to pick it up 3rd party but i've never looked.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When did you purchase the machine? You have 14 days to return it to Apple, but that may incur a restocking fee. Third party add ons to reduce glare are available but from testimony of other users, they don't work all that well.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
If you are past the 14 day return policy then you can always try to selling it. Since it's almost brand new you will get a very good price for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I love me some matte screen. That is the only reason I currently have a 17" MBP. I am thinking about getting the 15" now that they have that option as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
If you're beyond the grace period for exchanges, then you can get an anti glare screen protector. There are a few brands out there, and some get decent enough reviews. I've actually owned the one by Moshi, and at first it was ok, but after a while, the quality diminished due to taking it off to clean the underside of it, as the occasional speck of dust would get lodged underneath.

I also started noticing these horizontal lines which was quite odd, and didn't know where they came from. I wound up throwing it away, and found it to be a waste of $. YMMV I guess. Personally speaking, I'll never buy a MBP with a glossy screen again.

Doug

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You might try the Radtech ClearCal.

I am like many, cannot stand glossy displays. Consequently, have never purchased a Mac, monitor or TV with glossy display in many years. I have however used their clearcal on devices where a matte display is not an option, including my iPad and it has worked a treat there.

Make sure you read the Important Notes section on the page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
You might try the Radtech ClearCal.

I am like many, cannot stand glossy displays. Consequently, have never purchased a Mac, monitor or TV with glossy display in many years. I have however used their clearcal on devices where a matte display is not an option, including my iPad and it has worked a treat there.

Make sure you read the Important Notes section on the page.

Bob, curious if you've ever tried the Moshi iVisor as well ? And if so, how does it compare to the Radtech screen ? I know some people praise Radtech stuff, and I wound up purchasing their screen cleaner that comes with the pleather like cloth. Worst cleaner I've ever used. Leaves horrible streaks and dry marks on the glossy screen.

I wound up taking back the 15" matte screen MBP from my wife and giving her the 13" glossy MBP since she couldn't care less, so I'm fine now anyway.

Doug

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have not tried the Moshi as they do not have one for either the Touch/iPhone nor the iPad. From what I've read, sounds as if it would be easier for the novice to get a bubble free application. It also has the black border around it to cover the entire face instead of only covering the display area as the Radtech does.

At twice the price, the Moshi should do something better. If I'm ever tempted to buy a glossy display, i'd probably have to do more reading comparing the two of them.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" I7 Mac book pre & IPhone 3G
Thank you

Well, I can not return my computer right now, but selling is a good option because what I have is the new 15" i7...

Before considering that, I am might try the Power Support or the ClearCal...

Power Support MacBook Pro Anti-Glare Film Review | Macworld

:)Angry: It is impossible to see if you are not in a dark room )

Thank you very much...

----

I just found this option Online; They replace the screen with the anti-glare one.

http://www.techrestore.com/xcart/product.php?productid=18467&cat=273

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
roflol - like their ad - GlareBook Pro - good one...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Lol. That is a good one. Mac GlareBook Pros. It does have a nice sound to it. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.