Dreamweaver MX 2004

J

justinpfarrell

I have been using DW mx2004 on PC for a good amount of time. I recently purchased a powerbook. I have a question about the mac version:

When I open up multiple html files to edit, it opens them in seperate windows. Is there any way to have it open up in different tabs? I like to work with several pages opened, and in the PC version it would tab them. What can I do to fix this problem?

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
I dont think you can do in the tabular format available for windows. However, with Expose for Mac, press F10 and you'll be very happy with what it has to offer. Trust me, I use it ALL the time :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
justinpfarrell said:
F10 is my setting for brightness...?

Yeah, that problem took me a while to figure out too, Those buttons work by them selves on the other systems, but on the powerbook those buttons have other primary functions so you have to hold down the function key (fn) at the same time.... I personally like using F9 better then F10, F10 doesn't really do anything special.

OP
R

Rosaget

You can reassign what buttons activate expose in the system preferences. Assign them to hotkeys that don't do another function such as brightness or volume

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Rosaget said:
You can reassign what buttons activate expose in the system preferences. Assign them to hotkeys that don't do another function such as brightness or volume
Or if you have tiger go into System Preferences > Keyboard and Mouse > Keyboard and check the box that says use F1-F12 keys for software features when that is checked the F keys will work like on a normal keyboard and when you hold down fn they will do the volume ect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
justinpfarrell said:
F10 is my setting for brightness...?
Sorry, I use F9 - F11 on my laptop for Exposé

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.