Pre-installed or not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 13", iPod Touch 4th gen., AirPort Extreme, Mini G4, iPod 30GB w/video
If I buy Aperture for a new Mac, I'm wondering if it would be better to spend a little more to buy it separately instead of having it "pre-installed". Would separately enable me to install it on more than one computer? If not, then what's the advantage (other than cost) of having it pre-installed?

OP
iWish
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 13", iPod Touch 4th gen., AirPort Extreme, Mini G4, iPod 30GB w/video
Okay, let me rephrase my questions: Is there any advantage to buying Aperture "in the box" (separately) over having it pre-installed? If so, what is that advantage?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's less expensive to have it pre-installed isn't it? As far as an advantage in buying the boxed version - you have the media and can always reinstall it if your hard drive crashes. (You can only install Aperture once according to the license.)

Regards.

OP
iWish
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.