Mouse sensitivity on the new Macbook Pro's?

Reaction score
I'm a former PC user, finally making the complete switch to Apple and not looking back. As far as migration goes, it's been amazingly easy to make the switch, which was a very nice surprise.

The only problem i'm really having right now, is issues with mouth sensitivity and accuracy.

I grabbed my old Logitech laser USB mouse from my PC, and plugged it into my notebook. At first it seemed to work great, but then I noticed this "feature" that is driving me absolutely insane.

If I have the mouse set to a certain speed, (I like to have it pretty fast), it works great if you are moving the mouse around somewhat rapidly. Unfortunately, I noticed that the second that you slow down your movement on the mouse (say, to hone in on a certain small link, etc), the sensitivity drops drastically. So instead of having to move it an 1/8th of an inch to hit the link, I all of the sudden have to adjust and move it a 1/4 of an inch.

If I were to compare it to another feature, I'd say it's like the two-finger scrolling that you can set to work with momentum, the faster you move your fingers, the faster it scrolls. It's a bit hard to explain, but I'm hoping someone has had the same experience and can help me out.

Anyways, I checked every option I could possibly think of and I haven't been able to find a single thing on how to turn this off. I tried multiple USB mice and they all had the same effect.

Any ideas?

OP
W
Reaction score
No one else has experienced this? I have a hard time believing i'm the only one annoyed by this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.