iDVD NOT LAUNCHING

Reaction score
Hi. Ever since upgrading to Snow leopard and iLife 09, my iDVD simply will not launch. Whether I try opening it via sharing in iMovie or straight away, no dice. If I click on the application itself, it will open the window asking if I want to create a new project, open and old one, etc. If I click "New Project" and it is the first time I have opened it since booting, it will even give me the "Loading Themes" box for a moment, then.......nothing. The task bar remains active indicating that it THINKS iDVD is running, but I have no workspace. If I try to close iDVD, THEN it shows me the workspace and the dialogue about wanting to save changes. No matter what I click there, I get the spinning beach ball of death and have to force close to a "not responding" iDVD.

Yes, I:

1) Have verified and repaired permissions
2) Deleted the plist file
3) Deleted the app and reinstalled it. Twice.
4) Created a new user account and tried it from there.

Please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" (early 2008, pre-unibody), 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM.
I WAS having the same problem, until I did a (system) software update. iLife updates come with OS updates, so if you haven't done that recently, give it a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.