BootCamp won't partition?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Hello there,

I just restore my Mac OS to a single partition and then I tried re-partitioning but it's giving me an error.

344z820.png

I've tried several times, tried using different sizes every time. My HD's capacity is 250GB, and I've got 108.95GB free. So I am sure that making a new partition of 35 - 40 GB is not a big deal.

I also tried using Disk Utility, both from the Mac OS install disc and while using the Mac OS itself, but it keeps giving me this error.

14v464l.png

I do not want to format my Macintosh HD's partition because I don't have an external HDD on me at the moment so I will not be able to back up. I have a lot of important data that can not be deleted.

If anyone has any solution, please let me know.

Thank you so much!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Since you don't want to reformat and restore from Time Machine, use iDefrag.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Longshot... but did you try formatting into FAT at first in the 'disk utility' (instead of NTFS like in the screenshot)?

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Thanks for replying, guys. I inserted the Mac OS install disc, rebooted the computer, booted into the install disc and opened Disk Utility. Then I verified and repaired the disk.

Then I restarted into Mac OS, ran Boot Camp, and partitioned just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.