• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Torrents stopped downloading

Reaction score
Heya, I have a Mac running Snow leopard. My torrent downloads have stopped working, first i thought it was the torrent, so i downloaded a few more and none are connecting to the trackers. I use Vuze to download them. I tried the torrents with uTorrent and still the same problem! I then tried my laptop (running windows 7) on the same internet connection and the torrents download fine! Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
I don't believe I'm allowed to help unless you claim that your downloading legal things lol.

But lets presume you are :) Is your firewall on or off? Is the light thing at the bottom of uTorrent Red, Yellow or Green?

OP
S
Reaction score
yep downloading legal things,

its a little red light, it refuses to connect to any peers, i know they are there as i can download the same torrent from my pc.... but why have a mac if i cant use it :S

Oh and i know little about mac firewalls, i haven't installed any extra ones but conversely i haven't played with any of the settings... it has always worked with this Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just check system preferences -> security -> firewall -> stop

Then give it ago, just need to check that it's not your firewall blocking it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Click the red light and follow the steps it says

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.