On the fence Newbie, Looking into going for 100% mac

Reaction score
*I Currently have a Windows Laptop*

Imac & ipad OR Macbook & imac?

Hey. I Have a ipad at the moment I ONLY use it for browsing internet and work related things NO GAMING. And i was wondering:

Should i buy a imac & keep the ipad.
OR
Sell the ipad and get a imac & macbook?

The only problem i think id have is that:

20" imac = Used for Gaming Mainly (and mass storage etc)
ipad 16GB Wifi = I use for Browsing internet and thats pretty much it.
Macbook 13.3 = Same as ipad, but i COULD play Games on it.

What would you do? Have an ipad & imac OR Sell ipad and get Macbook & imac?

HELP (o_O) Im confundled...

If Answers fail (which i doubt) ill have to make a pros and cons list :O and i do hate themmmm :p

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I would like an iPad in order to have the ability to browse the internet when my better half is using the Mini. But, if time sharing is not an issue, I don't see a reason to have an iPad at this point. People who would carry an iPad everywhere might disagree.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Get an iMac first and then decide if you want to keep or sell the iPad. Things might change for you and you might need or want something mobile.

I don't know where I would be without my MB or MBP when I'm out and about.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Get an iMac first and then decide if you want to keep or sell the iPad. Things might change for you and you might need or want something mobile.

Good advice. The iPad was never meant to replace either a notebook or desktop computer. I'm betting that after you buy the iMac, you'll still keep your iPad.

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks sooo much everyone! Im going with the imac. And then see how it goes with the ipad ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
I have a Mac mini and an iPad. It's a great combo. I also suggest getting the iMac first and seeing of the iPad can work as a mobile device for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.