Slow restart and shutdown

Reaction score
I have an iMac (early 2009 model) that I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard(10.6.3) from Leopard and now when I restart and shutdown, it takes almost 30 secs for both, compared to when I was running Leopard, it literally took about a second (maybe 2). I've tried verifying/repair disk permissions, clearing cache, turning off airport utility, etc. per some suggestions through Google to no avail. There are no programs running before shutdown. I'm wondering if something was included in the upgrade/updates to slow the shutdown process.

Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Wy

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What was the problem (assuming you can call a 30 second restart/shutdown/startup a problem) so that others may learn/know??

Regards

OP
C
Reaction score
What was the problem (assuming you can call a 30 second restart/shutdown/startup a problem) so that others may learn/know??

Regards
There wasn't a start up issue.

The problem was there were 2 Parallels Desktop services left behind after I uninstalled it. I went to their site and followed the instructions for complete removal and my problem was solved. I was using an app called AppCleaner to do the uninstallation. Obviously it didn't remove everything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.