Macbook trackpad and button stopped working

Reaction score
:| I have recently purchased a refurbished Macbook with a 13" screen and I love it!! I"ve never had a mac before but now wouldn't go back to a windows based pc.

My problem is that the trackpad and button have stopped responding to clicks etc. I can move the mouse, and even when using an external mouse I can't get any response.

I have looked on the internet for different solutions and have tried some - no battery, paper, but am at a loss what to do?

Does anyone have any solutions or suggestions on what I could do please?

Thanks in advance.

OP
S
Reaction score
sorry

sorry all if I have asked a question that's been asked before. I'm just new here and haven't looked at all the posts.

Reaction score
run software updates. there is a frimware update for the trackpad. if that doesn't work or you've already installed it then you'll looking at a repair. if you don't have a warranty your looking about $350.

OP
S
Reaction score
numbers topless

thanks for that. Being new to Mac, I'm not sure about all the command buttons to use. What buttons could I use to open up firefox to download the updates? I can't use a mouse at all. Could someone help me with the keyboard commands please? Thanks

Reaction score
if you use command+space bar, that will open spotlight. type "software update" and hit return. that will start the software updater and you can run it from there! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.