Area next to trackpad clicks button

Reaction score
A recent issue I've been having (of course after my AppleCare runs out) is that the area NEXT to the trackpad on my Macbook clicks the button when pressed. We aren't talking hard either... like if I lay my hand too hard, it clicks. When I pressed around, it can be clicked up to 2 inches right of the trackpad.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this before and whether it's something I could fix myself. I'm guessing it's just not propped up enough under the plastic and so the button is too sensitive. I guess I'd prefer not to play the games with the Genius Bar if I don't have to. Hope you guys can provide some insight here.

Reaction score
does the computer sit level on a hard surface and is the gap even when you close the lid. either way you look at it your looking at a new top case. about $350 for parts and labor.

OP
S
Reaction score
No way in **** I'm going to pay for it. I'm entitled to a free repair and I know that. The far front right corner is maybe half a mm up, but it's been that way since I got it. The rest of it sits perfectly flat and closes fine.

Looks like I'll be making an appt for this weekend, but there is NO way I'm paying for it.

Reaction score
trust me i know how you feel but take it from me i do work for apple and you might as well save your breath lol it will take a lot of bitxxxxx and the only thing that might get you is a free ipod nano or a printer bah. if your inclined enough you can buy the part from 3rd party and install it yourself that could be cheaper. i know it is for LCD panels.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.