iBook or Powerbook?

D

DaLurker

I know this question has been asked quite a bit, but I still seem to be in a quandry as to which one to buy.

A little background first, I'm a University student studying Computer Science, and often I do programming for a Unix/Linux environment (thus the want/need to go to a mac). Now I will be bringing my laptop everyday to lecture's and labs. I take notes, surf, watch movies and program while I'm on campus so that's what I will be using it for mainly.

The problem here is I can't decide whether I want to spend the extra $500 CDN for the Powerbook over the iBook. My setups would look like the following:

iBook 12" stock with 512mb upgrade (total 768 ram) = $1500 CDN
Powerbook 12" stock = $2000 CDN

Now personally I don't think I need the power of the Powerbook, but I definately like the key press feel, the scroll pad features, and the aluminum finish over the white finish. I also plan to keep this laptop for a while (as it suits most of my needs, and I don't game on my laptop).

So given that background information, which one would you guys pick? Save the $500? or spend the $500 and get the aesthetics and better build of the powerbook?

Note to MODS: I posted this in both the iBook and Powerbook forums because I wanted owners of both to give input on this. However if I shouldn't do this, I apologize and please delete one of the threads. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
OP
D

DaLurker

D3v1L80Y said:

Yeah I've combed through a lot of the posts, but I wanted some opinions on my specific situation :) Thanks for the info though. Wasn't sure if people read through the forums. I'll remember that next time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.