Ipad as external display via Air Display!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I tried looking for a topic on this app, but I didn't find anything. I just downloaded Air Display a couple of hours ago, and I am SOO impressed!! It turns the ipad into a 2nd or third display…wirelessly!! It does get a bit slow, while dragging and using big apps, but it's a step in the right direction. Also, one cool thing, if you chose to mirror them, you pretty much get OSX on your iPad!! So far, I have found it very useful to store my minimized itunes, adium, geektool, and growl stuff. Works real well considering this costs only 10 bucks!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
That is good to know. I was thinking about whether that was possible and considering writing a future ATPM article about it. Would you be interested in collaborating on such an article? I would certainly be willing to share credit appropriately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I just tried this.

It worked momentarily, but then lost the connection. Now it just keeps changing back to 'no iPad connected'. I have not been able to make it connect again :(

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just started testing this and have not had that problem. I like it so far although using the tool pallate from there in Graphic Converter is a bit sluggish at times. I am going to try it to control my headless media server. I have tried other program a to do that but they also do other things I may not need.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
That is good to know. I was thinking about whether that was possible and considering writing a future ATPM article about it. Would you be interested in collaborating on such an article? I would certainly be willing to share credit appropriately.

Sure thing!

Nighthawk4,
Check your internet connection settings(router). Most people who have problems seem to have router/modem compatibility issues linking the two devices together. Everything has been smooth on my side. I have an at&t modem with a built-in router with wpa2, and everything moves pretty fast.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sure thing!

Sounds good. I am going to get in touch with the publisher and see if he thinks this should be a separate article or part of a larger segment on uses of the iPad. Will let you know more via PM.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It requires that the iPad an your Mac be on the same wi-fi network. I have the 3G model but haven't experienced problems yet. Perhaps it is because I usually have 3G off when in range of my wi-fi setup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.