Daemon Tools~

O

Oldtop1

Is there an equivalent of Daemon Tools for the MAC? I have an ISO.Torrent program that I need to use, and I don't know how to open it? :(

OP
M

mscnln

Oldtop1 said:
Is there an equivalent of Daemon Tools for the MAC? I have an ISO.Torrent program that I need to use, and I don't know how to open it? :(
Double click on it?
Welcome to OS X :)

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

if it is a .torrent you actauly cant "just" click on it you would actaul need bittorent or sometime of torrent client...
bittorrent is the best
www.bittorrent.com

OP
D

dackerman

Oldtop1 said:
OK... I used bittorrent to open it. What do I use to open .bin files?

With .bin files you can BURN them to a CD using toast. Or you could try mounting them with Disk Utility...not sure if that works though.

OP
R

rypod81

hmm, i have been having problems with BT actually. i used it forever on PC, but since switching to Mac, i havent been able to get the files to actually DL thru BT. when i click on the source as i used to on my PC, it just downloads the text of the srouce file, rather than opening the BT window and beginning the download-proper...

any suggestions??

Reaction score
here's some help for that bin / cue files

Open toast and click copy and select Disk image in the side panel.
Click Select... and find the BIN file and open it.
Back in the Toast window, click Mount... (should be right next to Select...)
You should have a Disk on your desktop titled similiar to your files.

Open the disk and find a folder called MPEGAV and open it.
Drag the .dat file out onto your desktop or HD and wait for it to copy.
Change the extension from .dat to .mpg which should make it viewable mpeg in Mplayer or Quicktime.

Go back into Toast and unmount your image (button used to Mount...)
Click Video up top and select DVD Video in the advanced pane.
Drop your newly aquired mpeg into the window, insert a DVD and click burn.
Set your burn prefs in the drop window and click record.

i'm not trying to "pimp" another site. but if you want to see the full thread.. here's the link...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/230087

Ken

Reaction score
bin/cue

I tried doing what you said in Toast but when I convert it the .mpg and then open it in VLC or Quicktime there is no picture and the sound is really jumpy. I can't burn the bin/cue in toast either it tells me CD-ROM XA or Audio Tracks cannot be written to DVD. When I try and burn the .mpg it tells me that there isn't enough free disk space....what am I doing wrong! Thank you!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.