iTap RDP for iPad Logon issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Does anyone have any experience with the iPad app "iTap RDP Remote Client"? It's the $11.99 one.

My wife surprised me with an iPad yesterday and there's this one thing on our Dell dekstop that she just absolutely has to be able to access with the iPad, so I installed the aforementioned app.
After much configuration on the Dell (firewall exceptions, etc.) I managed to at least connect to it.

The first thing it brings up after you establish a connection is the Windows Logon "Box". I entered my Windows account name correctly and the password. No dice. Error message was bascially saying to enter the name and password correctly (which I did). I should also mentioned I tried logging in from the iPad both when my account was logged in on the Dell and when it was logged off. No difference.

So, then I created a new administrator account and didn't assign it a password. Still wouldn't connect, but gave me a different error message. This error message said something about a problem with the type of account I was using. *rolls eyes*

I e-mailed iTap support, but I'm not expecting anyone to respond on the weekend. I was hoping maybe someone on here has used this app on the iPad and knows what the heck I'm missing. I'm just hoping it's something simple. I have Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3, so I know it's not the version of Windows.

Thanks in advance, everyone! :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
OP
MYmacROX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Nevermind, I finally got it working... somehow. ???

I still couldn't get it to accept my older username and password for my administrator account on my Dell. I created another administrator account and after going through all the steps again saw some tiny little print that said something to the effect of "to use remote desktop, an account must have a password". Once I gave the new admin account a password and logged off, everything worked. I'm a bit confused but incredibly relieved. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.