Flash Player Oddities

Reaction score
Well I have exhausted every possible solution I could think or find after an afternoon of searching, so I will put the question up to the mac-forum gods.

I am having some issues with Flash. Most sites like youtube work fine, but on other video hosting sites many of the buttons for their video players do not load (DIVX player gets really screwy). Another site I am having many issues with is Grooveshark.com. The page will load, but the text is missing (not completely missing though, I can see the tops of some letters).

I have tried un/reinstalling the latest version of flash with no change. I tried repairing the disk permissions, no change. The problem exists in both Firefox and Safari, so it seems like the problem is not with the browser.

I'm guessing there is a program installed that is making things a bit screwy, I just don't know where to start looking.

Any help would be appreciated

OP
B
Reaction score
Well since I haven't gotten a reply I will bump myself with more info. Below are screen shots of the problem at the grooveshark.com page, and another at ted.com. At ted.com the player is too large for the space provided for it, and no video plays (audio works). Also I noticed on that while on youtube, when users place text boxes on the video, they appear blank. I'm not sure if it is related but also while using Word, when I open files written in Times New Roman font, they appear blank, but text can be highlighted. Once you change the font everything looks fine. I was guessing that the file for Times New Roman was missing, but its not. The worst part about it is the problem happens so inconsistently that I can't narrow down the possible problem flash could be having.

Really any help would be much appreciated

Screenshot2010-06-10at44647PM.png

Screenshot2010-06-10at44541PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.