New windows on dual screen monitor setup

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to mac forums, and I have been confronted with a new problem, while solving another.

I bought a second monitor to have more real estate. This is good.

But, I have come upon an inconvenience in this new set up:

I might be able to use the second screen to put a piece of software like mail, but each time I click something that mightopen a new window, the new window always opens up in the first, or primary screen.

Can someone explain to me how to have a new window open on the same screen where the original window is?

I am using a dual monitor set up where the second screen is an extension of the main screen.

Thanks!

JOseph

Reaction score
try this. open the application to the screen you want. then quit out of it. then open it again and see if that works for ya.

OP
S
Reaction score
try this. open the application to the screen you want. then quit out of it. then open it again and see if that works for ya.

I tried your idea.

It does work for opening the program on the same screen.

But, when it comes to opening a new window for the program, it still always opens on the main screen.

This might make a difference: I have an iMac, so the "main" one seems to be th eone in the iMac.

Could this affect things?

Joseph

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.