FireFox Tabs?

JRV

Reaction score
When I use FireFox on a PC I can click links using the scroll wheel and it will open them in a new tab. I can't seem to do that with the Mac version of FireFox. Is there an option I'm missing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
JRV said:
When I use FireFox on a PC I can click links using the scroll wheel and it will open them in a new tab. I can't seem to do that with the Mac version of FireFox. Is there an option I'm missing?

No, the Mac-version doesn't have that option...just one more lack that makes me prefer Safari on the Mac...
In Safari, a middle-click(or scrollwheel-click) on a link will open it in a new tab.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
The closest thing that comes to that, which I have found is hold-click. That will bring down the menu to choose open new tab. When I did use Firefox, it worked great, if I didn't want to use the command key, that is.

F

Forzamilan

Use Command Click

If you press command and then click, the link will open in a new tab

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
With my Logitech Trackman Marble with 3 buttons (The Center one is the Scroll wheel) It works on Firefox on OSX Tiger here just the same way it does on Firefox on my XP systems. Middle button click on a bookmark opens it in another Tab.

Reaction score
Middle-click to open a new tab was added to the Trunk a while ago so those using
Trunk builds have the functionality. Some of the Unofficial Builders have built Firefox
with the patch to turn on Middle-Click in Release builds though. My builds are at this site and the later versions have this functionality. My builds are G4 or G5 optimized only. There is an Unofficial Builders forum at www.mozillazine.org where this stuff is discussed.

http://www.pryan.org/firefox/mmoy/OSX/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 15inch powerbook
you can get the "moust gesture extension" with firefox. You can configure a mouse gesture to do pretty much whatevery you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.