How to post a pic from iPhoto to a forum?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch
I'm trying to post a picture from iPhoto to a forum that I'm a member of. But, every time I click on their attachment icon it gives me a prompt to enter a URL address. Where do I find this on the photo?
:Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
The pictures in iPhoto are only accessible to your computer. In order to share them with everyone, you'll need to upload them to a public server.

There are a number of online services that can host images for you, Flickr, MobileMe, Picasa webalbums are just a few.

iPhoto has built-in upload capabilities for some of those options, so I'd suggest you look into those built-into iPhoto.

Personally I use Ember for forums pics and MobileMe for my personal pictures.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I use either Photobucket or Imageshack.

Reaction score
I can post a link to my photobucket web page, but how does one have the picture actually show in their post? I can't seem to figure this out.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I had that problem too. If you followed the "What is it?" game thread you would see my struggles and eventual success with some help.
Basically you click on a photo (Photobucket site) and several choices come up. Click in the bottom one and it saves the URL and then you just paste it into your post. :)

Reaction score
1cf525db.jpg

Okay! Now I feel kinda dumb for asking. I tried pasting it in the past but not from Photobucket. Dah!
Thanks for the tip Razormac!!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
1cf525db.jpg

Okay! Now I feel kinda dumb for asking. I tried pasting it in the past but not from Photobucket. Dah!
Thanks for the tip Razormac!!

Don't feel dumb!
It took me four different photo hosting sites and help from our cheerful forum members before I was finally successful. ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.