Going from cable modem to airport express and desktop pc

Reaction score
I am trying to go from a cable modem with only one ethernet port to provide a wireless connection for my Mac Power Book G4 via an Airport Express and to provide a wired connection for my desktop PC. How do I get around only having one ethernet port out of my modem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
You need to buy a wireless router that also has ethernet ports for your wired desktop connection. Basically a router is what you need.

edited: Sorry after rereading your post you said you also have an Airport Express. All you need is a basic wired router, which are cheaper, and then connect the Airport Express to the router while also connecting the desktop to the router. Think of a router like a cable splitter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Can your desktop PC do wireless - the Airport Express can provide for 10 computers wirelessly so just plug the AE into the modem

Reaction score
Why have two wireless routers, an AE plus another, can you not just just an ethernet switch for the second ethernet cable to the desktop?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.