No wireless connection while running bootcamp! Please help!

Reaction score
I have recently installed Vista Home Premium with bootcamp. However, I will not even detect my wireless network(this is working fine on MAC side.) Can anyone help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you insert your Leopard or Snow Leopard DVD after Vista booted for the first time so that the drivers could be installed? Make sure you read the Boot Camp installation instructions. (PDF file) Go here.

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to use the Mac OS X install CD, but I received the following message:

-Boot Camp x64 is unsupported on this computer model.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

OP
A
Reaction score
crabbed considered

Guys,

I did some reading, and it sounds like my problem is that 64-bit Vista is not currently supported by boot camp. It seems like there might be two solutions:

-Go ahead and install my Windows XP disk

-"Pick and Choose" the drivers I need(for Wireless connection, and "gaming" capabilities) off the boot camp CD, and install those.

Can anyone help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of OS X do you have - Leopard? Snow Leopard? It makes a difference because the original Leopard DVD did not contain all the needed drivers for running Vista x64, however, Snow Leopard does. If you only have the Leopard DVD, you can download the latest Boot Camp update and drivers from Apple. Go here and find which update you need.

If you're running Snow Leopard, update Boot Camp to version 3.1.

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hey-

First off, thanks for your help with this. The number on my OS X cd says:10.5.6 Would this be considered Snow Leopard or Leopard? Should I just download the latest Bootcamp update regardless?

After updating, should I:

-Delete the Partition
-Re-run bootcamp
-Re-install Vista
-Install drivers off OS X CD

In that order?

Thanks for the help.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hey-

Sorry to be a bother, but I am unsure as to what I should do. I have a Leopard OS X CD, I'm pretty sure. What should I download? And what should I do after I downloaded it?

Thanks for all the help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You have Leopard which means that the drivers loaded from the Leopard DVD will not completely support everything that Vista x64 needs. Go here and download Boot Camp 2.1 for Vista x64. That should solve your driver problem. Don't forget that the BC update must be installed from within Windows not OS X.

Actually, you might be better off upgrading your Leopard to Snow Leopard (only $29.99). The drivers on the Snow Leopard DVD support Vista x64 and you'll also have the latest OS X from Apple for your machine.

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help so far. I can't download anything Vista side because it can't connect to the internet(it says that it does not have the right drivers.) :Shouting: What should I do?

Reaction score
Get access to a wired connection or just buy Snow Leopard for the $30. It will likely solve the problem ...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for all the help so far. I can't download anything Vista side because it can't connect to the internet(it says that it does not have the right drivers.) :Shouting: What should I do?

Then download the update from OS X. Transfer the update to a flash drive and then copy it to Vista after you reboot.

Regards.

Reaction score
Bootcamp with XP home internet connection issue?

Hi Im trying to find an answer to a similar question as in these posts please have a read of this and let me know if you can help:

Hi there, ive just been looking at the forums with regard to a problem im having with my internet connection via bootcamp on the windows side. Ive got everything else running how id like it and can connect to the internet via the Mac side but when i boot the XP Home edition I just cant connect. This is strange as it actually tells me that there is a connection. Ive looked at the router but the lights dont flash to show a connection when using windows (and yes it still tells me there is a connection... how?) the lights flash fine when going through Snow leopard so im confused about whats going on here. It frustrating and it seems like others have this problem too. Please can someone give me some pointers.
ive tried all of the usual things in windows to establish the connection but it all seems confusing in the end what with the connection actually being there but not letting me access any web pages!

ive tried all of the help topics and have the connection established and working fine on my desk top. My set up is Modem, router, desktop and from the router i have my ethenet cable going to my laptop (this set up works for my OS X snow L net connection but just wont let me on line going through XP).

Thanks in advance
G

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The advice given above also applies to you. Make sure you have installed all the drivers from your Snow Leopard DVD. Boot to Windows XP, insert your Snow Leopard DVD and the driver installation should start automatically.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.