Internet War

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Recently, a site that I go to has been attacked by three people who we do not know, but who we know live a couple states away from us. They have been harassing our forum, our members over IM and email, and may soon do more, as they have knowledge of our address, phone #, etc. through WHOIS. We have banned their IPs from the site, but not all actions have been stopped.

He did have a site on MSN that violated several terms of their service. I contacted MSN and was able to get his site pulled. He also has a .com site, but that has been down for technical reasons with his host. I did a WHOIS on that, and found that it was registered to a "Randy ****" (bad name for a woman) from "****" (h-e- double hockey sticks)and that the email address was "[email protected]." Is there any way I can track down his real name and address? I would like to contact his parents about his actions (I know he is in his teens).

I am at war with this person. I want to take him down. He has made racist slanders to some of my friends. He has called another friend a sow. And made numerous other things that have pissed me off. Some of you may suggest that I leave him alone. Thats not going to happen. For the rest of you with a bit of rebelious spirit, I would love suggestions about how to figure out specific info on this guy, and actions I can take on him. (getting his ISP to break his contract, getting the .com site taken away, etc.)

Thanks!
Yarrrrrrgh!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
if you can get his ip, you can probably figure out his isp and contact them. in ipb, you can use the resolve tool and it will give you the isp in the host name.

T

Tel

If you plan on contacting his ISP about abuse, you will need evidence, screenshots of his IP trying to DOS your computer, or if you're an admin at your site, logs that show his IP being responsible for creating posts etc that repeatedly breach your terms and conditions for joining otherwise they wont do anything. Also, his ISP would be breaching their contract with him if they were to give you any of his information, so if you want his name etc, you wont get it from them.

I had the same problem before, but thankfully, it turned out that the guy harassing me was 14 years old and a quick letter to his parents from his ISP soon got him in enough trouble to stop coming back to our forums :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
If the whois information is not correct, contact his hosting company as well as ICANN as that's a huge violation of their rules. All information contained in the WHOIS db must be legit. If it's not, the site has to be pulled.

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Mission Accomplished!

His .com site got pulled before I was able to do anything, my guess is it was the false WHOIS info. I contacted MSN and listed numerous violations of their terms of service. They emailed me to inform me that they were investigating. And then just emailed me to tell me that his site would be pulled down within the week and his account would be pulled.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Did his ISP pull his contract or you are still working on that?

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
they have told me that he has been contacted and that both the site and his contract will be pulled within the week

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
sounds great so far, keep up the good work!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.