Broken keyboard

Reaction score
I'm on a Macbook and the keyboard spazzed up.. I have to plug in a standalone keyboard to type normally.

My language settings are set to British.. I tried switching it over to US, Australian, even Unicode, but all just start typing out Webdings style characters no matter what combination of keys I press!

I went into keyboard settings and took this screenshot attached. You can imagine what happens when I type.. I've tried everything I can think of.. but don't know what to do.

Has anyone heard of this before?

hi.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
From the screen-shot it appears that either the one of the 2 option keys is stuck in the pressed state or you are holding one of them down.
Usually things like this happen when food/drink get spilled on the keyboard or somehow get underneath the keys.
Cleaning it with anything in a liquid form can also cause things like this. If you have, let the computer dry out for 2 days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.